Collecting your information
Buzka may collect personally identifiable information when you sign up to use our services, and during the course of your use of our services.
Buzka also automatically receives and stores certain types of information when you access our services, including your IP address, Buzka cookie information, and the pages you have requested. Buzka uses this data to administer our services.
Buzka may set and access Buzka cookies on your computer. For security, we do not store any of your personally identifiable information such as your username or email address in any of our cookies.
Our partners, including advertisers, may set and access their cookies on your computer which are subject to their own privacy policies. Third parties do not have access to cookies set by Buzka.
Sharing your information
Buzka will never sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Buzka will only share personally identifiable information about you in the following circumstances.
- You have granted us permission to share your personal information.
- User profile information and statistics collected from you during the course of the use of our services may be displayed publicly in your Buzka profile. The email address that you provide us upon registration is searchable by other Buzka members who know your email address.
- Information you have submitted to a public page intended for publication or syndication.
- Buzka employees and authorised contractors may be granted access to your information only if required by the normal conduct of business. Our employees and contractors do not have the right to use your personal information beyond what is required to perform their duties.
- We may release personal information in compliance with the law, to apply and enforce our Terms of Service and policies, or to protect the rights, property, safety of our staff, users or others.
Protecting your information
Your Buzka account is password protected, please sign out of your account once you have finished using a public computer to prevent against unauthorised access.
Please do not disclose your account password to anyone. Employees and staff of Buzka will never ask you for your account password, nor can they retrieve your lost password.
It is Buzka policy to protect the privacy of all our users, at all times, irrespective of age. We do not recommend that minors under 18 years of age disclose personally identifiable information about themselves over the Internet. However, Buzka will take every reasonable action to protect the privacy of our members under 18 years of age if we become informed of an abuse of policy.
Managing your personal information
You may update, amend or delete your personal information by signing into your account at any time.
Buzka maintains a permanent-delete policy, meaning your personal information is purged entirely and permanently from our system when you choose to delete it. We periodically backup our data and your information may continue to be stored securely for a period of time until our databases are refreshed.
However, please be aware that any publicly viewable information you post on the Internet may be copied or archived by third-party users or agents. It is best not to post sensitive information that you do not wish to disclose.
You may request the deletion of your Buzka account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated January 18, 2008